Individual programs are designed for each group utilising each teacher’s particular style.
Each program is based on:
- A love of learning and discovery by offering a wide range of play based experiences
- A curriculum centred on creative experiences where children’s individual interests, ideas, culture and abilities are realised and encouraged
- Learning spaces that inspire children aesthetically and intellectually: spaces that reinforce connections with their home, family, community and the world
- An early learning setting that is sensitive to the enormous developmental changes that occur during the early years: by acknowledging the children’s need for exploration, experimentation and discovery as their vocabulary and intellectual skills expand rapidly
- A balance between each child striving for their independence and their need for continual reassurance
- Outdoor and Indoor spaces that are designed to engage every child in quality experiences in both built and natural environments which provide a rich and diverse range of experiences.
- Children are encouraged to become environmentally responsible and to show respect for the environment.
- Promoting each child’s agency, enabling them to make choices and decisions which influence events and their world.
As part of each program, we are also committed to providing the children a range of incursions occurring throughout the year. Incursions may include such things as:
- Musical performers
- Music and movement program
- Artist in residence program
- Chicken hatching/Rabbit rearing
- PMP (Perceptual Motor Program)
- Theatrical and drama performances
- Wildlife incursion
- Mobile farmyard
- Drawing program
2022 Session Times
Auburn South Preschool has sessions for both 3 and 4 year olds:
- 3 year old groups: Blue and Yellow
- 4 year old groups: Red, Green and Purple
Each group starts the year according to a staggered start timetable to ensure the transition into their group is as positive as possible.
The groups then meet each week according to the following times:
|Morning||Dingo (Green) 8.30 – 3.00||Dingo (Green) 8.30 – 3.00||Dingo (Green) 8.30- 11.30||Joey (Blue) 8.30 – 12.30||Puggle (Yellow) 8.30 – 1.30|
|Afternoon||Joey (Blue) 12.30 – 4.30||Puggle (Yellow) 1.15 – 4.15|
|Morning||Kangaroo (Red) 8.45 – 3.15||Kangaroo (Red) 8.45 – 3.15||Kangaroo (Red) 8.45 -11.45||Bilby (Purple) 8.45-3.15||Bilby (Purple) 8.45 – 3.15|
|Afternoon||Bilby (Purple) 12.45 – 3.45|
Cost per Term Three Year Olds (Blue Group and Yellow Group) : $425
Cost per Term Four Year Olds (Red, Green and Purple Groups ) : $740
2023 Session Times
In 2023, Auburn South Preschool plans to offer the following groups. This is provisional and is to be confirmed shortly.
- 3 year old groups: Joey and Puggle
- 4 year old groups: Dingo and Bilby
|Morning||Puggle 8.30 – 2.45||Puggle 8.30 – 2.45||Puggle 8.30 – 12.00||Joey 8.30 – 2.45||Joey 8.30 – 2.45|
|Afternoon||Joey 1.00 – 4.30|
|Morning||Dingo 8.45 – 3.15||Dingo 8.45 – 3.15||Dingo 8.45- 11.45||Bilby 8.45 – 3.00||Bilby 8.45 – 3.00|
|Afternoon||Bilby 12.45 – 4.15|
2023 fees to be advised shortly.
Auburn South Preschool acknowledges the support of the Victorian Government.
Auburn South Preschool acknowledges the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the traditional custodians of the land on which we teach and learn. We pay respect to ancestors and elders, past, present and future