Individual programs are designed for each group utilising each teacher’s particular style.
Each program is based on:
- A love of learning and discovery by offering a wide range of play based experiences
- A curriculum centred on creative experiences where children’s individual interests, ideas, culture and abilities are realised and encouraged
- Learning spaces that inspire children aesthetically and intellectually: spaces that reinforce connections with their home, family, community and the world
- An early learning setting that is sensitive to the enormous developmental changes that occur during the early years: by acknowledging the children’s need for exploration, experimentation and discovery as their vocabulary and intellectual skills expand rapidly
- A balance between each child striving for their independence and their need for continual reassurance
- Outdoor and Indoor spaces that are designed to engage every child in quality experiences in both built and natural environments which provide a rich and diverse range of experiences.
- Children are encouraged to become environmentally responsible and to show respect for the environment.
- Promoting each child’s agency, enabling them to make choices and decisions which influence events and their world.
As part of each program, we are also committed to providing the children a range of incursions occurring throughout the year. Incursions may include such things as:
- Musical performers
- Music and movement program
- Artist in residence program
- Chicken hatching/Rabbit rearing
- PMP (Perceptual Motor Program)
- Theatrical and drama performances
- Wildlife incursion
- Mobile farmyard
- Drawing program
2020 Session Times
Auburn South Preschool has sessions for both 3 and 4 year olds:
- 3 year old groups: Blue and Yellow
- 4 year old groups: Red, Green and Purple
Each group starts the year according to a staggered start timetable to ensure the transition into their group is as positive as possible.
The groups then meet each week according to the following times:
|Morning||Green 8.30 – 3.00||Green 8.30 – 3.00||Green 8.30- 11.30||Blue 8.30 – 12.30||Yellow 8.30 – 1.30|
|Afternoon||Blue 12.30 – 4.30||Yellow 1.15 – 4.15|
|Morning||Red 8.45 – 3.15||Red 8.45 – 3.15||Red 8.45 -11.45||Purple 8.45-3.15||Purple 8.45 – 3.15|
|Afternoon||Purple 12.45 – 3.45|
Cost per Term Three Year Olds (Blue Group and Yellow Group) : $740
Auburn South Preschool acknowledges the support of the Victorian Government.