At Auburn South Preschool our philosophy and curriculum reflect the National and Victorian Early Years Framework’s view of childhood as “a time of ‘Belonging, Being, and Becoming’ and for all children to experience play-based learning that is engaging and builds success for life”.
The programs of our learning community are based on the following principles:
- We acknowledge early childhood education should foster a love of learning that supports children to reach their full potential.
- We see children as creative, capable and inquisitive, and believe they thrive as active participants in a welcoming, aesthetically pleasing, stimulating, and nurturing environment.
- We believe in empowering children by giving them choices and opportunities to explore their own ideas and imagination through open-ended play experiences.
- Children as citizens of the learning community have rights and shared responsibilities to respect and care for themselves, others and the environment. They are valued as constructive contributors to the learning community.
- Families are respected and valued as children’s first and lifelong teachers. We value the partnerships between educators, families and the wider community in providing a holistic approach to the education and development of children.
- We will allow children time to develop self-help skills and provide guidance and assistance to support their growing independence.
- Children are encouraged to become inquirers, thinkers, risk takers, listeners and communicators, to be open-minded, knowledgeable and reflective.
- A curriculum that honours and reflects diversity: recognition of individual learning styles, abilities and rates of learning, interests, families and culture adds richness to the learning environment and community of learners.
- The culture and heritage of Auburn South Preschool along with the connections to Australia’s indigenous past and present are valued.
- We are committed to incorporating the key learning areas of literacy, numeracy, society, technology, the arts, science and the environment within our curriculum.
We hope you and your child enjoy a happy year/s with us. Please explore our website and discover how much we can offer your child.
For further information please do not hesitate to contact us on (03) 9821 0190.