Auburn South Preschool is part of the Boroondara Kindergarten Central Enrolment Scheme (BKCES). Information about enrolment eligibility, selection criteria and notification of offers can be found in the BKCES Information Kit available for download at the City of Boroondara website. Applications for our kindergarten can be made by completing the application form in the BKCES Information Kit. Please be advised that parents may submit their enrolment form, with the application fee, at any time following their child’s second birthday. Please note that date of application is no longer a selection criteria.
Upon successful application to our Preschool you will be invited to the end of year Annual General Meeting (AGM). Here you can collect your Enrolment package which contains forms that will need to be filled out and returned before kindergarten commences the following year.
An Orientation Day based on a staggered start timetable will be held at the beginning of the year to familiarise yourself with our Preschool. Here you will have an opportunity to meet the teachers, parents and the children that will be in your child’s group.
The Preschool holds an Open Day every year and we encourage you come along and visit our wonderful centre.
No Jab No Play – Information for Parents
From 1 January 2016, all parents/guardians seeking to enrol their child at an early childhood service in Victoria must provide evidence that their child is fully immunised for their age OR on a vaccination catch-up program OR unable to be fully immunised for medical reasons.
The ‘No Jab No Play’ legislation applies to all early childhood education and care services in Victoria that provide:
- long day care
- occasional care
- family day care.
What you need to do
If your child is fully immunised parents will need to provide a copy of your child’s Immunisation History Statement before confirmation of a placement can occur at Auburn South Preschool. You can get copy of your child’s most recent Immunisation History Statement from the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR) as evidence of your child’s immunisation.
To request an Immunisation History Statement contact the ACIR:
- phone 1800 653 809
- email email@example.com
- visit Medicare Australia online
- visit a Medicare or Centrelink office.
If your child is not fully immunised (or if you are not sure if your child is fully immunised, or you’re interested to find out more) you may wish to:
- locate and consult your nearest immunisation provider (Select ‘Immunisation’ from the ‘Service’ menu)
- talk to your regular family doctor
- read the ‘Immunisation –childhood’ fact sheet to find out what vaccines are due and when
- read the ‘Immunisation – facts and misconceptions’ fact sheet if you have questions or concerns about vaccine safety
- view the No Jab No Play frequently asked questions
- read the brochure ‘Starting childcare or kindergarten? Immunisation information for parents enrolling a child‘, also available in a range of languages.